Microsoft's multi-account email client
Microsoft puts Windows Live Mail at the disposal of its users, a functional email manager, that allows them to manage all their email accounts (Windows Live, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo!, ...) from the same interface.
But this email client also includes other interesting functionalities like the possibility to keep up with the latest news through your favorite RSS feeds, save your emails on the hard drive, customize your profile or start a session in Windows Live Messenger.
Bring together different functions in the same email client.
Main features of Windows Live Mail
- Management of multiple email accounts, both POP3 and IMAP.
- Send messages with the possibility to include emoticons or photos and attach files.
- Receive the messages from every account that has been added.
- Quick access to the calendar options and the address book that the contacts are listed in.
- Schedule events and notifications with the possibility to add email contents to the event calendar.
- Includes a practical RSS feed client.
- Plenty of configuration and customization options available.
Although it's the email client that we used in Windows Vista or Windows 7, and that replaced Outlook Express, in Windows 10 it has finally been edged out by Outlook. Therefore, this download no longer works. It's hard to find a standalone offline installer but good luck. In fact, you'll have to resort to Windows Essentials to carry on using its functions with Windows Mail Desktop if you're still using a version of Microsoft's desktop operating system prior to Windows 8.
- Requires Windows Vista or above.